Today we issued a press release in response to Redfin’s new business model. While we think these changes are good for Redfin and consumers, we think that they still have customer service issues that need to be resolved. Today we are issuing a “customer service challenge” to Redfin, encouraging customers to compare the services offered by findwell as an alternative to Redfin.
findwell Issues Customer Service Challenge to Redfin
Redfin Customers Defecting to New Seattle Startup
SEATTLE – November 6, 2008: In response to Redfin’s announcement to raise their fees and change their customer service model, findwell, Seattle’s newest online real estate brokerage, responded today calling the announcement good news for the real estate industry, but still highlighting customer service limitations when working with Redfin. findwell issued a “customer service challenge” to Redfin, urging consumers to compare the customer service level at both companies.
“We are flattered that Redfin is taking a closer approach to findwell’s business model. Redfin has great technology, but they are missing the mark on customer service,” says Kevin Lisota, findwell President and co-founder. Lisota referenced the stream of former Redfin customers that findwell has seen in the past month. “From what we are seeing, Redfin still faces obvious customer satisfaction issues. We have four new customers just this month who “fell through the cracks” with Redfin agents. These customers tell us they had difficulty in scheduling showings and receiving call backs. One customer was even stood up twice while trying to see a home they wanted to buy. With recent layoffs, this level of service can only get worse.”
Lisota further challenged Redfin’s service model. “We feel so strongly that our service is better than Redfin’s that we are willing to put our money where our mouth is. We’ll give Redfin customers $500 off of our already low commissions if they use findwell to buy or sell their homes.”
Graham & Natalie Dent purchased a home through findwell this past July. “I expect my real estate agent to accommodate my busy schedule. I attempted to use Redfin, but was never able to get showings at times that worked for me. Out of frustration, I sought out an alternative and discovered findwell. I appreciated working with findwell’s professional, knowledgeable agent and loved the quickness of the process. I’m looking forward to spending my commission rebate on our new home.”
Alex McEwen is another example of a disgruntled Redfin customer. “I was originally planning to engage with Redfin to place an offer on a new home. I set up two different appointments with a Redfin agent to view the property, and twice I got stood up! I called findwell and met with an agent almost immediately. After working with findwell now for almost three weeks, I can’t imagine going through this process without a full service agent. The complexities that we have encountered have been handled with the utmost professionalism by findwell.”
findwell launched their brokerage services earlier this year and offer full service representation at half the commission. findwell offers the following premium services over Redfin:
- Dedicated, Full-Time, Experienced Agents – Each customer works with a team of 1-2 agents through the entire process of buying or selling a home. findwell does not use contracted agents to show homes and will not pass customers off to a transaction coordinator half-way through the process.
- In-Person Agents –The findwell agent who negotiates the purchase or sale of each home has actually seen the home in-person and will also tour 5-10 comparable properties in the neighborhood.
- Comprehensive Listing Services– Home sellers do not have to “do it themselves” and benefit from comprehensive listings services including:
- Comprehensive online marketing program, including all major real estate search sites and traffic monitoring
- Automated agent feedback system that gives real-time responses from agents who have shown the property. Sellers regularly see a 60%-80% response rate from showing agents.
- Public Open Houses and Broker Open Houses hosted by findwell.
- “Above and Beyond” Service – findwell agents have found themselves replacing toilets, balancing pH levels for the hot tub, or showing 75 homes in one week. “We do what it takes to get the job done!” says Lisota.
To take advantage of the customer service challenge, customers should call findwell at 206-462-6200 and mention that they are a Redfin customer. The challenge is valid through the end of 2009. Lisota adds, “Redfin has a great website when searching for a home. Feel free to use it. But when it comes time to buy or sell, findwell provides superior service at the same price.”
findwell (www.findwell.com) is a real estate brokerage that offers a smart approach to buying and selling your home. We are a full service brokerage offering exceptional customer service, technology-based marketing and data-driven market analysis. Founded by real estate professionals and technology industry veterans, we have “done the math” and are able to offer real estate services at significantly lower fees. Our average customer saves $7,500 on each transaction. Visit our website at www.findwell.com or stay on top of the Seattle real estate market at blog.findwell.com.
Kevin Lisota, President and co-founder, findwell